Can you say YES at least once?
Its that time of year to start thinking about your self-assessment tax return, maybe you are a first timer, maybe this year you want help, maybe you know someone who does not realise they are required by HMRC to complete one. Take 5 minutes to click, open, read and see if you or someone you know can say "YES" !
1. Do you have rental income?
2. Are you self-employed - either as a sole trader or in partnership?
3. Are you a company director, minister, Lloyd's name or member?
4. Is your annual income in excess of £100,000?
5. Do you already pay tax through PAYE & additionally have income in excess of £10,000 from
taxed savings & investments, or in excess of £2,500 from untaxed savings & investments?
6. Do you already pay tax through PAYE & additionally have income in excess of £10,000
from property (before deducting expenses), or, £2,500 after deducting allowable expenses?
7. Do you have no current income that is subject to tax under the PAYE system?
8. Are you employed & need to claim expenses?
9. Do you or your partner receive Child Benefit & do either of you have income over £50,000?
10. Are you 65 or over & receive a reduced age-related allowance?
11. Do you get income from overseas?
12. Do you have income from trusts, settlements or estates?
13. Do you have any Capital Gains Tax to pay?
14. Have you lived or worked abroad or are not domiciled in the UK?
15. Are you a trustee?