Vacancy - Apprentice Accountant
Hello, we are offering an excellent opportunity for a customer focused and enthusiastic accounting apprentice to work within our office in Rackheath. Within the role you will assist the finance department with all manner of finance queries including bookkeeping, invoices, purchase ledger, tax returns and more. This programme will provide you with a solid foundation in the accounting sector and could lead to completion of higher level training.
Reporting to our experienced accountants you will fulfill a range of duties including:
- Assisting in the preparation of accounts;
- Dealing with basic book keeping;
- Processing and paying invoices;
- Recording receipts and payments;
- Preparing and checking ledger balances and other monthly and yearly accounts;
- Completing and submitting tax returns, VAT returns and National Insurance contributions;
- Handling company expenses and payroll systems that pay wages and salaries;
- Using computerised accounting systems;
- Administration duties i.e. filing, shredding, post, answering the telephone.
Skills required within this role: Some knowledge or skills in the following would be desirable:
- Microsoft Office
- Communication skills
Qualifications required: If you have basic Maths and English, enthusiasm, common sense and interested in an accountancy career then please do apply
- Customer focused
- Proactive communicator
- Troubleshooting/Problem solving
- Flexible and adaptive to new experiences and ideas
- Ability to challenge
- Can do attitude
- Team player
Future prospects: This position and Apprenticeship offers you the opportunity to develop your skills and experience and begin to build a career. A permanent position may be possible at the end of your Apprenticeship as is progression to further levels of accounting training.
Reality check: You will be working 37.5 Hours per Week, Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm.
Please consider how you will get to and from the workplace as we are based on Rackheath Industrial Estate (buses run but no local train station)
Other important information: This position and Apprenticeship offers you the opportunity to develop your skills and experience and begin to build a career. A permanent position may be possible at the end of your Apprenticeship based on performance.