Protect Yourself From The Cost Of An HMRC Investigation
At Hornbeam Accountancy we can provide you with a Fee Protection Service to protect you from the costs that may arise as a result of a Tax or VAT Enquiry from HMRC.
An investigation could cost you money even if you’ve done nothing wrong and anyone can be selected: a business, a director or an individual tax payer no matter how big or small.
The Fee Protection we can provide is an all-embracing Policy that provides you with the ultimate protection.
The service covers up to the equivalent of £100,000 towards our professional fees resulting from an HMRC Enquiry.
Any compliance check started by HMRC regarding your compliance with:
- Income Tax and/or Corporation Tax Self-Assessment
- National Insurance
- Construction Industry
- National Minimum Wage or Gift Aid Legislation and Regulations and;
- Any consequent dispute with HMRC after the issue of an assessment, computation of liabilities, written decision, notice of VAT civil penalty or notice of underpayment of the National Minimum Wage.
Peace of Mind
Included as part of the Fee Protection Service is comprehensive access to the Employment Law, Health and Safety and HR expertise, all at no cost to you.
You’ll gain valuable access to highly experienced consultants who can provide you with their guidance and knowledge on a wide variety of subjects and issues.
There are ways you could reduce the risk of a tax investigation such as:
- Do not submit your returns late, be that self-assessment, corporation tax, VAT returns etc., you will only bring you and your company to the attention of the HMRC.
- Pay any monies due to HMRC on time, do not incur penalties, fines or interest.
- Keep good books and records, it shows you are professional in your approach to running your business and don’t forget to keep sales/purchase invoices, petty cash receipts and bank statements.
- Take the time to review your accounts, if a figure looks unusual then look into it.
Why not call Hornbeam's resident fee protection specialist, Eileen, for an informal chat and further info on 01603 720424 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hornbeam Accountancy is supported by Croner Taxwise Limited – the market leading Fee Protection Insurance provider in the UK.